Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Jon's foot surgery



Jon had surgery on his foot Thursday May 28th. He was having problems with one of the tendons on the inner part of his foot and had some tissue on the top joint that needed to be cleaned out. The Dr. ended up having to clean out the whole tendon. Apparently it deteriorated so much it was pretty much just a blob of mucus. The dr. said as a surgeon they aren't surprised by many things but she wasn't expecting the tendion to look like that "it was pretty disgusting". He is recovering well and should be able to start putting more pressure on it every day. They sent him home with a walking boot and each day he is able to put a little more pressure on it.
Needless to say I have been a bit busy with the kids and playing nurse to Jon. I did take a week and a half off work so at least I don't have to worry about that. Kids are doing great they are both busy little bees. I was hoping Ashlee would be mellow to make up for her brother but she seems to be a pretty busy one herself. Keeps me on my toes.

2 comments:

dale and cindy said...

The only thing I can think of is---OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Take care Jon.

Tawny said...

wow! Glad he is doing better.