Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Our New Dog

I know I have been really bad about Blogging lately. I will try to do better.
We got a new dog about a month ago. We got him from a Lab Rescue group. He is 2 years old and a lab mix. His name is Teddy. He looks like he has some Golden Retreiver in him. He is the sweetest most mellow dog I have every been around. He was already house trained crate trained and knew some basics like sit. He just follows me around the house and lays at my feet. The kids just love him and he is so good. He lets them climb all over him and if he has had enough he just gets up and walks away. I am so happy to finally have a dog and I don't think I could have found a better one.



We also got new floor put through the entire house. We had laminate put everywhere except the kid's room and the bathroom. The Kid's rooms got new carpet. You can see both in the pictures above.
I also started a new job a few weeks ago. I am now working in the same office as Jon. I go in in the evening and weekends. They are a good company to work for Jon has been there for over 10 years now. They are being so flexible with me I pretty much make my own hours and as long as I get my required hours by the end of the pay period it doesn't really matter when I go in. I work 5-6 days a week now but for only 3-4 hours. I am now home for dinner every night so we can actually have dinner as a family a few nights a week. So far so good the flexibility alone is worth it. I really appreicate them creating this job for me to help us out. We were starting to have problems with our work schedules. This way one of us is home with the kids at all times and we don't have to worry about finding babysitters.

2 comments:

Tawny said...

It is great that you have found such a greast dog. The kids are lucky he is so mellow around them it will make their memories of him great.
ps the new floors look great.

Janae said...

sure beats miles ??????????